Wednesday, May 25, 2011

The Trumpeteer

Angel had his first Band Concert last night at Seaside High School. He's in his last year of elementary school and his first year of band. He plays the trumpet. The pic to the left is of Angel and his friend JT, a fellow trumpeteer :) The band consisted of over 100 fifth grade students - all first year band and orchestra. Before the evening commenced I wanted to meet Angel's music teacher. I asked him if she was nice and he said, "Uh, she's pregnant!" I guess that says it all. LOL The band kicked off the hour of music playing "Mexican Hat Dance" which sounded NOTHING like it should have, but it gave all of us parents a good laugh. The rest of the songs that followed were pretty good. There were violins, cellos, bassoons, clarinets, tubas, flutes and more. Made for some interesting sounds I might add. We ended the evening meeting up with Larry at Home Depot. He still had a few minutes until he got off work so the kids ran around the Garden Department choosing vegetables for a new garden they plan on planting. Afterwards, we headed to El Torito's for dinner. It was a great evening of fun, music, and really good mexican food. Who needs the Mexican Hat dance when you got really good chips and salsa?

No comments: