
Today was the first day of school! Both Angel and Alliah were so excited to wear their new school clothes, and especially their new shoes. Angel is now in the 4th grade with Mr. Calvert as his teacher. Yay, a male teacher! That's great for Angel. Another new, great thing for Angel this year is that he has PE everyday. He's so active and having PE everyday will tire him out! :D Alliah is in the 3rd grade and her new teacher is Mrs. Connors. Alliah is in a 2/3 combination class and is way glad that there are more 3rd graders than 2nd. The school also has a new principal. On the way home I asked if they had met her and they both answered me with a shruggard "yesss..." The conversation entailed, "she makes us keep our elbows off the table in the cafeteria and we have to keep our napkin on our laps!" I said, "Yyyyeeesss!" They didn't like my response.
The bad news of today was that the funding for school buses was cut for their school. Yep, I'll have to take them and pick them up - everyday. I got so spoiled last year when they stood across the street from our driveway and started their day watching me wave good-bye to them as they drove off with Mrs. Jackie on Bus K. The mornings will be no problem, but the afternoons? Oh well, I'll just have to leave my office right at 2 o'clock so I'm not late! Nothing I can do about that.... lol

And I couldn't resist posting this pic of Grace in the grocery store. She sat still just long enough for me to take the picture and then she grabbed the glasses and headed them straight for her mouth. Luckily, we stopped her on time. I didn't want to pay $9.99 for baby sunglasses. But doesn't she look so cute?
No comments:
Post a Comment