Wednesday, August 19, 2009
Sicky, Sicky
My baby Grace is sick for the first time. She has her first cough/cold/fever. It is SOOOO hard to watch my baby cry knowing there's nothing I can do to help her. Yes, we used the "nose sucker" to get all the boogers out and gave her Tylenol for the fever, but that's all we can do. Oh, and we sat in the steamy bathroom, too. Yesterday was the worst. She was so clingy and crying, sounding like she was in so much pain. I couldn't even walk out of the room without her screaming. Yesterday I put her in a very warm shower with me. While in there she lifted up her arms, took a deep breath through her nose and let the air out through her mouth as if to say, "Ahhh...I can breathe in here!" She has such a sad little cry that makes me want to do whatever it will take to make her feel better. Larry and I did a Wal Mart run at 9:45 last night to get a humidifier. Thank God Grandma Silvia and Grandpa David are here to help, so after I type this I'm headed upstairs to sleep. I think I slept about two hours last night. After rocking my Baby to sleep in the rocking chair I got up to try to put her in her crib. The slightest movement caused her to cry (with her eyes shut, mind you). After getting up so gently and trying so hard to keep the humming of "Jesus Loves Me" just in tune, Grace picked her head up off my shoulder, looked around the room and did her first projectile vomiting technique. Unfortunatley I couldn't find it in my heart to push her away so I felt a warm sensation gather on my shoulder and drip down the back of my pajamas. Poor Larry jumped out of bed and ran to my side with a towel. He took Grace while I cleaned up and changed. I pray my baby sleeps better tonight. So far today, it looks like she'll do better. Say a prayer for her...she needs it! Oh and for me, too! :D
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment