Saturday, April 17, 2010

Saturday Morning Shock

I woke up this morning to a peculiarly quiet house. I just laid in bed, eyes closed and heard....nothing. Larry was still asleep, but for some reason the snores that ususally bellow throughout the house were nonexistent. I turned my head and opened my eyes to find a glaring 8:45am on alarm clock. It was just two more minutes of silence later that I heard a faint little, "Mama.... Mama...." It was Grace. Right then and there I said, "thank you Jesus" because the girl has been waking up screaming lately. So I got up out of my warm, warm bed *from under my new comforter that was so heavenly* and I tip-toed over to Gracie's room. She greeted me with the sweetest smile and stretched her arms out for me to pick her up. After changing a smelly pee-pee diaper, she and I headed for downstairs. I was expecting to find Alliah and Angel all tucked in their beds since it was so quiet, but their beds were empty. We walked downstairs and it was there I found them: My two little sports fanatics. Well, Angel is more of a fanatic than Alliah. Angel is what one would call a "sports junkie" while Alliah is the "fanatic." *And this is all because of their FATHER!* I was prepared to find some what they call 'funny cartoons' on the tv, but nope. It was baseball. My son no longer desires to watch cartoons? He's only 10! He prefers the Giants to, to Spongebob??? My Angel thrives on any kind of sport on tv, especially baseball. Ugghhhh....I thought this was supposed to happen when he's like 12 or 13, maybe even 14. And as for Alliah, she loves her brother so much she sits and watches it with him. She does make comments though, asking to change the channel on the commercials, but of course there are sports commercials on in between the real games and God forbid Angel miss something. What is a mom to do when her babies are growing up too fast right before her very eyes? Advice please! I'm not ready for this!

No comments: