Tuesday, May 11, 2010
The Drama
So all who know us, know that our little Alliah tends to be somewhat dramatic. Oh she knows how to get those water works going in a heartbeat! Well, she's been having a lil' bit of trouble telling the truth. It's not HUGE things she's lyin' about. They are very small, trivial things that wouldn't make that much of a difference to me *if she didn't lie!* I don't remember what it was that she lied about this time, but I told her that she was in big trouble. Immediately the water works turned on and she was IN tears *dying!* She dropped to her knees on the kitchen floor, hands folded up to her chin, begging not to be in trouble. Now, reading this you may think we beat the child, but her punishment is usually going up to her room and staying in there until we tell her she can come out. Now, this isn't too bad of a punishment, I know. But that's until we forget she's up there and she stays in her room for like an hour! *bad mommy* Anyways, this time I held back the "go to your room" line and just stared at her. I was at my wits end on what to do with this lying kid! Alliah just stared back at me like a deer in headlights, flubbing her lips as the tears rolled into her mouth. After about 20 seconds, (while still buckeled down on the kitchen floor) she looked up at me and said, "Whatever you do to me, I'll still love you Mom..." Awww man!! What'd you go and say that for, Alliah? How am I supposed to send you upstairs after hearing that? I called her over to me and hugged her and told her that it wasn't good to lie. I explained *again* that it didn't please the Lord to lie and that she was pleasing the devil "the father of lies" when she did it. She didn't know why she lies. She just knew mama was about to get mad at her and she wanted to fix it - and quick. She HATES for me to be upset with her. Needless to say, that was the end of that. She's told one or two little lies since then, but nothing horrific. I cracked up just yesterday when she said she'd done all her homework and chores. She said yes, then said, "Oh no wait, no I didn't. I lied. I'll go upstairs and do it now, okay Mom?" And she said it with such enthusiasm! I had to let her off the hook. What am I gonna DO with that child???
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment