Monday, August 30, 2010

Alliah Turns Nine!

My Alliah is now NINE years old! Where did the time go? Yesterday (Sunday) we invited our family over for lunch to celebrate the life of this special little girl. As Alliah was trapsing all over the house, grinning from ear to ear with excitement, I couldn't help but feel overwhelming thankfulness to God for this little one. I know that God has big plans for my girl and I am so thankful that Alliah has the desire to find out what they are. We started the morning off at church. Since it was Alliah's birthday I invited her to sing with me and the worship team. She was elated! She usually sits on the front row and sings as loud as she can. But for her birthday, she stood on that stage with the other singers and sang her little heart out. With a mic! It was so cute when she'd come in too early or hold the note longer than she should have. She'd be up there singing every Sunday if she could. After church, and all the hugs and gifts from people at church, we headed home to prepare for the family coming to visit. Alliah was so helpful and wanted to make sure everything was just right. We decorated the house with a butterfly theme in purples and pinks. Balloons and gifts filled the living room. We had shredded beef tacos with my homemade pico de gallo salsa, Tia Liz made mexican rice, and Tia Nicole made a macaroni salad. Larry also made his infamous guacamole...it was all sooo delcious.

As we all gathered around the table to sing "Happy Birthday" and blow candles, my heart skipped a beat when I looked at Alliah and saw the beautiful young lady she suddenly became. Yes, she's only nine, but when I think of that little toddler that came and stole our hearts at just three years old, tears began to well up in my eyes. Not seeing anymore baby features made me want to cry. But then when I thought of the gifts she asked for? Alliah didn't want Barbies or Polly Pocket. She wanted nail polish, CDs, skinny jeans! I think Tia Nicole's gift hit the top ten list Alliah had in her head: hoop earrings! My little girl is growing up. And fast. Her daddy just about hit the roof when the neighborhood boys came knocking on the door asking if they could come in and wish Alliah a happy birthday (makes me laugh just typing this LOL). Larry quickly answered with a "NO, and go home!" Really, he did. We have got one beautiful girl on our hands...and boys are starting to notice! I feel sorry for them because they got Larry to deal with. Thankfully, I don't have to worry one bit in that department. Larry has got it covered! Even if she is THINKING about noticing boys? Larry will scare every one of them away with just a look. It's already happening!!

Alliah is a true servant. A caring, compassionate, wonderful girl who does her best in everything she does. I don't know what lies ahead for her, but I will do my best to teach her, tell her, exemplify to her what it means to serve the Lord whole-heartedly and walk in His ways. Thank you Lord for my Alliah. May we do all you instruct us to do so she will walk in the paths You have ordained for her to follow. Happy Birthday Alliah!

No comments: