Thursday, January 6, 2011

God's Even In the Little Stuff

Gracie LOVES her Elmo shoes! Our little girl is growing so fast that we try to hang on to every pair of shoes as long as we can. Her poor Dora shoes had to go bye-bye because I couldn't shove her feet in them one more day. I bought these Elmo shoes about a year ago. The inside says they are a size 5 but I'm thinkin' their a 6 because they still fit her well. Yes, they fit her precious, beautifully big feet :) Anyhow, last night Grace wore her Elmo shoes to church. Unfortunatley, she only came home with one shoe on. We thought, "oh, well...there goes another pair of shoes." So, this morning we get in car, we jump on the freeway, I get her to her daycare, I then proceed to Safeway (to order her birthday cake, YAY) and when I walk back to the car I look up and I see a little orange shoe on my back bumper. There sat Elmo!


The people who were passing by me in the Safeway parking lot must have thought I was a nut-case. I was laughing so hard I almost...well, you get the picture. I was so amazed that that shoe hung on to my bumper through the drive home from church last night, on the freeway on the way to work this morning (and I wasn't going the speed limit!) and into the parking lot. When I got into the car, God reminded that He has everything under control. That little shoe, that is loved so very much, stayed outside in the cold, all night on that bumper. It survived the speeding winds on the freeway, the bumps and turns we made on the road, it was all alone. Sometimes I feel like that Elmo shoe. I feel alone, in the dark and coldness of night. I know I'm loved and wanted, so I don't understand how I could be going through what I'm going through. But God reminded me that He has me in His hands. Always. What He wants accomplished, will be done. Even when it seems like there's no way we're gonna make it, God keeps His hand in our lives and helps us to make it through the trials, through the afflictions, through the storms. Now everytime I see that Elmo shoe I've got a reminder that God loves me and He cares about me and He's with me. He does care about the little things in our lives. Yep, I hanging on to those shoes. What a great and powerful God we serve!

No comments: