Tuesday, January 11, 2011

It's In God's Hands Now

It is amazing to me to think about how powerful our God is. All of us have goals that we would like to see accomplished. We just rang in the New Year. It's 2011 and most, if not all, of our New Years Resolutions have already been broken - or "the new rules" we set up for ourselves have already been bent. For some people their goal may be losing weight, becoming debt free, getting more organized, to stop smoking, becoming more responsible, to be more patient, to be a better listener, a better parent and the list could go on and on. If you're like me, you start out trying to do your very best—standing so strong—but all too soon you find yourself disappointed and just giving up all together. But! I've recently discovered that when we place our dreams, our plans, and our goals into the hands of God? The Master takes over and we become His Students, ready and willing to obey HIS command. Becoming His student means admitting we don't know what He knows and believing He is wiser and fully capable of helping us. God's desire is for us to delight ourselves in Him so He could give us the desires of our hearts. We will be astounded at what HE could accomplish in us - and through us.

I've been struggling in one area of my life for YEARS! I mean Yeee-ears. My goal seemed so insignificant when compared to the struggles and hardships others around me are facing. But, nevertheless, it was important to me, thus important to God. A few days ago, I finally made the decision to put this struggle in God's hands and let Him help me and stop trying to do it on my own. It's only been a few days but what God has done in just a few days I could have, in no way, accomplished in even a month! Not only am I achieving my goal, but it is not even a struggle. I am experiencing a little discomfort, but God is doing something unbelievable in me. I can't explain it, but I can say that I've put my faith in Him. I'm admitting that I can't do it without Him and shouting that I need Him. He's honoring that. Thank you, thank you, thank you Lord!

No comments: