Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Spring Is Here!

Hallelujah! Let me say it again, Hallelujah! I am so glad spring has arrived. For the past 5 years we've spent each spring sitting on bleachers. My girlfriend, Becky, has a sign at her house that said, "This family stops for baseball." That was our life. This year, I am secretly shouting from the rooftops because we took the baseball season off! Yep, you read it right...no baseball this year. We actually get to sleep in on Saturday mornings!! It's so wonderful. My sonny-boy was having a hard time concentrating on his homework and lagging on his chores. He wouldn't finish 'til almost 6 o'clock. And my Alliah was also having a hard time with her studies, so we decided to skip baseball/softball season this year to concentrate more on academics and our responsibilities at home *not to mention saving ourselves $300+ for registrations and uniforms.* Angel enters junior high next year *can you believe it?* so we gotta make sure he's totally prepared. Alliah's will be in her last year of elementary school *(gasp)...I know...* Wow! Where has the time gone? And just yesterday I called and put Gracie's name on the preschool waiting list! For now, she's still loving her daycare and all the little friends she has there. But man, before I know it my babies will be off to college :( Okay, I can't think about that - too sad. So! Back to enjoying spring....Larry and the kids took their first "spring walk" last night. I was relaxing, cooking my son's favorite dinner (enchiladas) for when they got back. We're loving the extra light we have at the end of the day now that daylight savings has passed. I hated getting home when it was already dark. Now we're looking forward to talking walks together, playing at the park, riding our bikes, hiking some trails...Yaaaaa-aaaay Spring!

No comments: