Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Dessert Has Two S's


Okay, okay...so I did it. I gave into temptation. I bit the bullet. Well, it's more like I bit the little pink, plastic spoon that you can only get at Baskin Robbins. Lately I've decided that I needed to watch my waistline a little more carefully. I've been eating smaller my portions, working out, sticking to pretty much chicken and fish, eating my veggies, drinking water, doing salads with dressing on the side, passing on the bread....you know, they things we are "supposed" to do as we are rapidly approaching 40?! Anyways, today I ate my healthy lunch (a veggie burrito wrap) but found myself c-c-c-craving ice cream! I have truly been delighting myself in Weight Watchers ice creams or Yoplait yogurts, but today they weren't going to cut it. As I pulled into the parking lot of Baskin Robbins I was telling myself, "Kristie, you're not hungry. Kristie, you just ate. Kristie, don't do this!" But, I put the car in park, opened the car door and headed straight for ice cream counter. As I carefully looked over the beautiful menu on the wall, inspected all of the flavors, asked a few questions (but no taste-tests), I decided I would silence the screaming voices in my head and just put my foot down and order a Banana Royale! A beautiful Banana Royale. I watched so intently as ice cream girl chopped the banana, scooped up one scoop of chocolate chip, then the mint chip...I thought I was going to fall over when she said the words "hot fudge or caramel??" Oh yes, I was in heaven! Then she said, "All the toppings?" How could I say no to whipped cream, nuts and a cherry? I hadn't come this far to pull out any of the stops now! I know I sound a little over dramatic, but you have to understand—it's been a looooooooong time, a really long time, since I have had a Baskin Robbins Sundae. The taste was even better than what I remembered. I enjoyed it so much. Now that that delicious sundae is making it's way to my hips, I've decided to blog about it, get it out in the open....no secrets.....(LOL) and, I will be on my elliptical machine for an extra 15 minutes every morning for a week! :) Yes, dessert has two S's. One "S" is for the Sweetness that dances on your tastebuds as you savor every bite, and the other "S" is for the Sweat you have to give to work it off!

No comments: