Wednesday, March 4, 2009
She's Amazing
Tonight I was competely blown away by my little Alliah. Both Angel and Alliah attend Awana Club on Wednesday nights at the church around the corner from our house. Awana is a bible club for boys and girls, kind of like a christian version of boys or girl scouts. In this club the kids are rewarded for memorizing scripture, attending church, paying their dues, inviting friends, etc. Well Alliah came home last night and asked me if she could tell me the scriptures she's memorized. The girl has memorized over 20 scriptures!!! All I had to do was tell her the first word of the verse and there she went... all 20+ verses. I was SO proud of her! I mean the girl probably can rattle off the scripture verses faster than I can! Not only does she know the verses by heart, but she's memorized the books of the New Testament and can say them ALL in order, by heart, and in about 30 seconds. I told her she needed to take a breath - made me out of breath just listening to her. If you've ever heard Alliah talk, you know what I mean. She talks so fast! The highlight of all of this news is the expression of complete JOY on her little face when I told her how very, very proud of her I was for all the hard work she's done to memorize her scriptures and the books of the Bible. I had no clue she had been working so hard. She almost brought me to tears, I was so proud. The bible says, "Train up a child in the way (she) should go and when she is old she will not depart from it." I'm standing on that promise and am believing Alliah is hiding God's word in her heart and His word will not return void! Alliah has amazed me!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment