Tuesday, September 29, 2009
Singin' Baby
Yesterday was a busy day. It should have been a relaxing, restful Monday off from work, but nope. We had a great weekend full of soccer games, birthday parties, and family gatherings so I was hoping to get some much needed rest. Unfortunately, when I opened the refrigerator to make some breakfast I realized there was no food in it! So, I whipped up a quick ham and cheese quesadilla and sat down to make our weekly menu in preparation for our weekly trip to the grocery store. Me and Grace were home alone so after breakfast we went upstairs to get ready to go. I put Grace in her crib while I got ready. She loves playing in her crib, especially now that she can pull herself up and stand up. I'm sure she feels like she's ruling the world. As I was brushing my hair I started singing, "Praise God, praise God, praise God, praise God..." in the tune of "Amazing Grace." I kid you not: when I hit the highest note of, "Praise G-ahhhhhhh-d" the girl grabbed the crib rails with all her might, lifted herself up on her tippy toes, looked up towards the celing, let out a yell startling loud and then turned and gave me the biggest smile as to say, "Yeah, Mommy, I can sing too!" Tears welled up in my eyes. I may have been a little over-emotional, but I do know that the spirit of God was in that room as we were singing praises to Him. I tried calling my Mom to tell her - I felt like I had to tell somebody! (She was vaccuuming and didn't hear the phone ringing.) So now I'm telling you! Like I wrote in an earlier post, I believe Grace is going to be a great communicator, but my heart-felt hope is that she will be an even greater worshipper of God.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment