Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Batter Up!


Yesterday was the kickoff to the 2009 baseball/softball season. Larry is coaching Angel's team this year. They are the Padres!! Angel is in the Mustang division now so he'll be playing against other cities, not just Marina teams. They're traveling! He'll be playing against Seaside, Monterey, Pacific Grove, and Carmel teams. Exciting. You should have seen Larry yesterday as he was preparing for practice. He is so excited to be coaching. He's always been an assistant coach for Angel's teams, but this year he has his own team with his own assistant. I had to take Alliah to softball practice at the same time as Angel's practice so I didn't get to watch Larry coach - although I really wanted to! Larry said practice was "very good" and "the boys did well." He's so official. But yeah, both kids were practicing at two different parks with the practices times a half an hour apart. We'll see how we do it when game times are at the same time and at two different parks and possibly two different cities! Yikes!!! Alliah's on a girls softball team, which remains nameless until next practice, but she said it's a toss up between the "Stars" or the "Dolphins". Both are cute names to me. While at Alliah's practice I walked Grace around in her stroller and then would take a break and watch Alliah run her drills. Grace LOVED being outside. There was not one peep out of her, other than a coo every now and then. I was wondering how baseball/softball season was going to go this year now that we have Gracie along with us. We're used to grabbing our gear, jumping in the car and going! If yesterday was a sign showing how things are gonna go...I think I'm gonna be all right. Of course, I'll be posting baseball/softball pics and videos for sure. Now I got to go find a "Padres" outfit for Grace LOL

No comments: