Wednesday, February 18, 2009

First Baby Shots

Grace got her first set of shots today. She was in such a good mood while we were waiting for the doctor. She was smiling and cooing away with no clue about what was about to happen to her. She got three shots. The first one kind of surprised her and she looked straight at me! The nurse laughed and I did too, and then Grace let out a little yell - she'd never yelled at me before. The second and third shots were way different. She screamed!! The screams lasted until she was buckled up in her car seat. I also found out my baby girl weighs a whopping 9lb 12oz. Good girl!!Once we started walking down the hall back to the waiting room she was already falling asleep. I had to go into my office today and since she was fast asleep, I headed straight there to do the work I needed to get done. I only stayed a few hours and decided to change her diaper and head home. I set her on the diaper mat and she let out the most painful screaming cry I had ever heard! I immediately started crying along with her, hurrying to change her because her little legs were hurting. After changing her I went straight to my mom's house for comfort. Today I experienced something I had NEVER experienced before. This is my child and I usually know what to do when she cries, be it change the diaper, feed her, rock her to sleep. But today.... there was absolutely nothing I could do. I felt so helpless. Praise God for infant tylenol!!! Now she is out like a light and hopefully all the pain will be gone when she wakes up. What a day!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

LOL! poor Gracie . . . and mommy!