Monday, April 20, 2009

A Hot, Hot Day

Today we were so HOT! It was a scorching 98 degrees here and that is crazy hot for us! My Gracie got to hang out in her diaper while the rest of us wished we could do the same. Alliah and Angel came home from school hot looking like little red tomatoes. Larry called it an early day, working until noon. I had some running around to do and, of course, I had my road baby with me. She always makes the day so much better. As I was washing Gracie's bottles tonight, I felt a cool breeze blow through the kitchen window. I immediately had a flashback of the cool Fresno nights (from many, many...many moons ago) when Larry and I would take late night walks and hold hands and just talk. I told him my "flashback" and said I missed those times. And what did he say? "Hey, we got three kids now." I couldn't believe it! What a thing to say when I was feeling so nostaligic. What a man thing to say. Anyways, I still miss those times that we just had eachother and we were freshly "in love." I'm told we'll experience those times once we're 'empty nesters.' Ah....while I enjoy every minutes of parenting, I miss the "larry and me times." We built a good foundation to build our lives upon during those evening walks. I guess I have that to be thankful for. :D

No comments: