Wednesday, October 22, 2008

A Thankful Mommy

Today is a day that I stopped moving for a minute to exclusively thank God for my family. Between work, school, soccer, church, meetings, and more, I chose to stop and be a thankful Mommy. I am blessed with the most wonderful family; I couldn't ask for more. My husband, my son, my daughter - the three lights of my life. They're like the candles on my birthday cake. Sometimes they let me know how old I'm getting, but for the most part they are the lights that light up my darkest day. Just one hug from Alliah or a joke from Angel, a smile from Larry...oh how it drives away my blues. My family is irreplaceable. I could never imagine my life without them. When I read the morning paper or sit and watch the evening news all there is is bad news and horror stories about the economy, murders, accidents.... But even if all our money is gone, houses, land, cars, whatever...as long as I have my family and I know God, I know we'll be just fine. I love my family and I thank God for keeping us in the palm of His hand. I don't think there is a greater blessing than being in a family.

No comments: