It's another Tuesday and it's time to dump out all of the random things that have taken up residency in my head.
1. My walking regiment. Yesterday was the first time in I don't know how long that I didn't take my walk. I had absolutely no motivation! I was going to ask Larry to walk with me to Starbucks but, eh...no. I did, however, go outside, open the back of the truck and sat on the bed with Grace to watch Angel and Alliah ride their bikes. It was such a beautiful evening that I at least had to go outside and breathe in the evening air. Yes, I missed yesterday, but I WILL walk today.
2. In-Laws. My in-laws are still staying with us. They've been with us since mid-April. Silvia and David came to help take care of Grace while I returned to work. There are days I still work from home every now and then, but I don't need to worry one bit about Gracie because Grama has her covered! Grace lights up whenever she sees Grandpa David. She loves him probably about 5-7 degrees less than me! He plays with her, sings to her, makes up songs on the piano for her... Grama Silvia can get Grace in a rolling laugh with her "boo!" and "I see you!". It's so cute to watch. Sometimes I'll walk in the house and hear them making all kinds of weird noises and jumping and clapping, trying to make Grace laugh. It's hilarious! I thank God for this time we have to spend with Silvia and David. Because they live in Clovis, Angel and Alliah have not spent a lot of time with them either. Now they're used to Grama and Grandpa being around. Grama takes good care of them. She always is offering them something to eat and Angel loves that. Alliah and Grandpa David play games, read books, sing songs, play piano and more. It's been a HUGE blessing to have them and we'll miss them when they have to go back home.
3. Church. This August I'll be returning to Music Ministry. I've been on a hiatus since last November. It's been a much needed break. It's been 21 years that I've been in ministry - without any breaks long enough to mention. Fifteen years in full-time ministry (wow that's long time). I think I'm ready to jump back in. I've had an itchin' for a while now so break out the backscratcher, Lord!
4. Friends. Life has been so busy that I haven't had time to meet with any of my friends. I have some of the best friends in the entire world. My best buddies are Lillian, Crystal, Erin, Bridgette, and Naomi. None of which I've had a chance to visit with in a quite a while. I wish I could just cancel everyone's schedules and all meet for breakfast at a quaint little restaurant or something. All of us live such busy lives. When we get together it's like oxygen is being put back into our lungs. All of them love the Lord completely and I always feel so refreshed and encouraged after talking to them. I love messaging them on Facebook or chatting via email, but I miss their hugs and I miss hearing their laughter. God, I thank you for all my friends and ask you to bless them, protect them, and meet all their needs according to your riches and glory by Christ Jesus.
No comments:
Post a Comment