Wednesday, July 8, 2009
Today's Post
Okay, so I skipped a few days....but what a WONDERFUL few days they were! We had a fantastic 4th of July. All of the family was together (both Larry's and mine!) and we ate, played games, watched the all the kids play, ate some more, and did fireworks. Ah, it was so much much. The kids had a blast jumping over the smaller fireworks and backing off when the big ones came out. My brother Fermin and nephew Pete presented the best fireworks show using stacked boards, buckets, ladders, holding the fireworks up with their hands like the Statue of Liberty. We even sang our national anthem as we watched the dozens of illegal fireworks light up the sky. We all were wondering how Gracie was going to do with the fireworks. She's never seen them before. We sat back quite a ways because we thought she'd be scared, but no! She was jumping up and down in my lap and laughing hysterically. So much so that I handed her off to Larry who can control that chunky monkey a little better than I can when she's that excited. Angel and Alliah are pros when it comes to fireworks. They're not afraid of nuttin! As for my birthday, my honey got me a five layer round chocolate cake from Rosine's with one burning candle on top. If you've never eaten cake from Rosine's, then you ain't never ate cake :D Rosine's is a restaurant on Alvarado Street in downtown Monterey known for it's enormous desserts. Don't eat a meal if you want cake. Seriously. It's HUGE! I'll post some pics of everything when I'm able. Right now I'm still at the office and have work to finish so I can go home. I hope you had a great 4th and have a great rest of the day.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment