Another Tuesday has arrived and, yes, my mind is full of insightful things to share with you (or maybe not so insightful)...
1. Church. This Sunday is my first Sunday as worship leader of Mosaic Church. I'm kinda excited and kinda nervous. Our church's last worship leader led for the last time last Sunday morning. Andrew started when the church started and was an off da' hook guitar player. He also had a great voice. He's in the Airforce and has received his packing papers so off he goes to somewhere on the other side of the country. That leaves me, our drummer Jeremy and our bass player Andy. Our lead female vocalist, Jenny, is prego and can't sing anymore. So I've warned the "group" that we're starting from scratch and to be patient as we learn to play together and form our team. I know that there will be those who come out of the woodwork that will be an essential asset to the team, and there will be those, too, that think they are called to worship ministries but are in the category of "making a joyful noise." That's the hard part. I'll have to be creative talking to the ones who can't sing or need more practice on their instrument when their heart is just bleeding music? Pray for me about that!
2. Adoption. For those of you who knew, Grace's birth mother had gone a-wal and couldn't be found anywhere. There were still papers for her to sign and loose ends to button up and they couldn't be done without her. I mean they could, but that meant a long waiting period for other process to happen. I'm glad to share that the lost has been found!! I can't say where she had been, but she contacted Grace's social worker and they met, signed all the papers that needed to be signed, and was so happy to hear that Grace is growing and doing well with Larry and I. That was a HUMONGEOUS burden lifted off my shoulders. Thank you, Jesus. Now, we just have to wait for one more hearing before we can finalize Grace's adoption. We want to see that birth certificate with OUR names on it. Oh we can't wait!!!!
3. Work. I finally feel like I've caught up. I've gotten so much done these last few days and I really needed to! I was even dreaming about work and so worried about my "to do list" that hadn't gotten done. I completed a workers comp audit (in person) and another by phone/fax, renewed all the general liability and insurances, paid the bills, made HUGE progress on the billings and reconciled all my accounts. And in my recons I was OVER by $100 - that's awesome. Yep, I can do all things through Christ who give me the strength to do it...yay me!
4. Vaccuum Cleaners. I lent my sister my vaccumm for a couple of days. I've got to go pick it up today because three days of no vaccuuming leaves for one messy floor. Grace practically LIVES on the floor and now puts everything she can get her hands on in her mouth. I'm dropping by Nikki's after work today to pick it up. Kirby, here I come!
No comments:
Post a Comment