Monday, July 13, 2009
Wal Mart
Larry rented some movies last week and hadn't returned them to Blockbusters so Alliah and I decided that we would walk them back. I try to walk at least a half hour each day, but I knew this walk would take us a little longer. We got our comfy walking shoes on and I strapped Gracie in the carrier and off we went. We talked, sang songs, stopped by the duck pond and I answered uh...about a million questions on the way there (Alliah is always full of questions). On the way back Alliah became thirsty. I told her I didn't bring any money with me and that she'd have to wait until we got home. As we were walking past Wal Mart I decided to pop in just to see if anything new had come in. Alliah LOVES going to Wal Mart. Alliah looked up at me and said, "But I thought you didn't have any money..." I replied that I didn't, but if there was something I wanted to buy that I would buy it with my good looks. :D She said, "You can DO that?!" I said sure I could and she gave me the biggest grin ever. We walked in, smiled at the door greeter and began to wander around the clothing department. I saw some pajamas that I LOVED (you know me and my pajamas!) and I picked a pair off the rack. She said, "You're really gonna buy those with your good looks, Mama?" I just smiled. She walked over to her section and said, "Okay, then, can you buy these?" We grabbed two pair of pants for her and my pajamas were in hand, so we went up to pay. Alliah was very excited to see how this was going to go down. She told the man, "My mama is going to pay with her good looks." The man raised his eyebrows at me as to say, "What? Are you for reals?" I smiled at him and pulled my ATM card out of my back pocket. Alliah let out a loud, "MAWWWM!!!" Now all three of us were laughing and I told Alliah that I had already bought something at Wal Mart with my good looks and people are only allowed to do that one time a year. The Wal Mart employee was laughing and said, "Yep, just one time!" As we walked out of the store Alliah looked up at me and asked, "Can you really buy things with your good looks?" I told her, "Baby, these good looks have gotten me A LOT of things. Your good looks will too one day, just wait and see."
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment