This is a photo of what I see everyday on my drive to and from work. I love glancing over at the crashing waves as I fight through the morning traffic. It reminds me that it's really not a big deal if the lady trying to brush her hair and put lipstick on at the same time cuts right in front of me. Or the garbage truck that has trash flying out and landing on my windshield. How can I be so frustrated when I can't help but see God's beauty right outside my car window? Nothing calms me more after a long, hard day in the office than seeing the sun shining down on the dark, blue ocean waves. At times, it literally takes my breath away. I am so blessed to live in such a beautiful place! Seeing the waves sweep over the sandy beaches reminds me that each day, each moment, is brushed away just like the sand. I can do all I can do to accomplish great things in each moment, or just let them pass me by, leaving me feeling empty, frustrated, useless. God has taught me many things on my drives to and from work. Some days the waves are raging with all their might, yet other days the ocean is as still as glass, not a ripple in sight. Sometimes my mind is so filled with "stuff" that I don't even notice the ocean is there at all! That is a metaphor of life for sure. Sometimes crazy, sometimes calm; but always beautiful. I am so glad God is in both the craziness and the serenity of my life. He's even near when I don't even feel Him. He's so good. Well, it's time to take that drive and, today, I am going to enjoy the view!
Wednesday, October 28, 2009
Enjoy The View
This is a photo of what I see everyday on my drive to and from work. I love glancing over at the crashing waves as I fight through the morning traffic. It reminds me that it's really not a big deal if the lady trying to brush her hair and put lipstick on at the same time cuts right in front of me. Or the garbage truck that has trash flying out and landing on my windshield. How can I be so frustrated when I can't help but see God's beauty right outside my car window? Nothing calms me more after a long, hard day in the office than seeing the sun shining down on the dark, blue ocean waves. At times, it literally takes my breath away. I am so blessed to live in such a beautiful place! Seeing the waves sweep over the sandy beaches reminds me that each day, each moment, is brushed away just like the sand. I can do all I can do to accomplish great things in each moment, or just let them pass me by, leaving me feeling empty, frustrated, useless. God has taught me many things on my drives to and from work. Some days the waves are raging with all their might, yet other days the ocean is as still as glass, not a ripple in sight. Sometimes my mind is so filled with "stuff" that I don't even notice the ocean is there at all! That is a metaphor of life for sure. Sometimes crazy, sometimes calm; but always beautiful. I am so glad God is in both the craziness and the serenity of my life. He's even near when I don't even feel Him. He's so good. Well, it's time to take that drive and, today, I am going to enjoy the view!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment