I know I already published a post today, but after the call I just received I just have to blog about it so I don't forget this story! Let my preface this story by saying Angel got a new teacher last week. His teacher, Mr. Calvert, was his "temporary teacher" until Mrs. Runge returned to school from a medical absence. Angel loved Mr. Calvert and he had been Angel's teacher since the beginning of the school year. Mrs. Runge is, from what I gather, more strict and not as laid back as Mr. Calvert. So, my cell phone rings and it's a number I don't recognize. It's an 831- area code, so I answer it.
Me: Hello, this is Kristie.
My Son: Hi Mom....it's me Angel.
Me: Hey Son, what's going on? Whose phone are you using?"
My Son: Uh, my teacher's cell phone. She said I had to call you because I wasn't behaving.
Me: What were you doing?
My Son: Talking to Jordan when I shouldn't have been.
Me: Oh, well, if youre teacher has you calling me, that means that you haven't been behaving for a while, huh?
My Son: Yeah.
Me: Okay, then, well...(think mommy, think...what do I say?) Have you had recess already?
My Son: (I can *hear* the tears welling up in his eyes) Uh...noooooo-w
Me: Okay then, tell your teacher that I said you need to stay in for recess.
My Son: (after repeating what I said to his teacher) She said to ask you one recess or two? (he's crying now)
Me: That's up to her. That will be her decision.
My Son: Awwww-www....o-kaaaay. (He mumbles, "My mom said it's your decision" and teacher agrees to two recesses)
Me: Okay, son, well, I'm sorry this is happening, but you sit at your desk and think about what you've done and me and dad will talk to you about it when you get home.
My Son: (tears now really falling) O-kaaaaay Mom...bye.
We hung up. Now I have to think about what I'm gonna say?! He was already disciplined by his teacher by missing two recesses. What more should I do? Then again, if the teacher had him call me from her CELL PHONE then he must have been really acting up. His dad is going to hit the roof. Angel's whole class had to write a letter yesterday apologizing to his teacher for being "rude" as Angel put it. He wrote an entire page apologizing for everything under the sun: not listening, playing around, talking when she was talking, not doing his work, and on and on. I'm still thinking about what to do. I'll let you know what happens...
1 comment:
Don't you sometimes wish they came with little owners manuals? I never know what to do, it's all shooting straight from the hip.
Post a Comment