Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Under Construction

I'm sitting here in my office on a beautiful Monterey day. The weather is perfect! The sun is shining, the sky is blue, a slight breeze is in the air. When I should be concentrating on the client billings I need to get out today, I'm finding it extremely difficult to concentrate. I have a lovely window - a large window that takes up the entire eastern wall of my office.


And right in front of me I see a gigantic Deere tractor, a white chevy with a concrete pump on the back, a water truck, and about four construction workers scratching their shovels accross broken out asphalt. Oh, and I forgot to mention the dude with the dirt compactor, which is making my office desk, my chair and my brain shake. While you would think a vibrating office chair would be nice....IT'S NOT! And the constant buzzing from the generator is really ruining my office ambiance. I even blew out the candle on my desk. Whatever they're doing out there I hope they're all gone tomorrow. The whole block is blocked off (it's a small block) and I had to park at the market across the street, walking in front of all of the construction crew. Ladies...we KNOW we all hate that. Oh, now there's two or three guys pacing around on their cell phones. That's can't be good. They're putting out more of those orange cones. Does this mean they'll be here again tomorrow? I pray not! I need some Aleve. Over & Out.

1 comment:

Kristie said...

Update...they are GONE! One day of road work right in front of my office. Uyh...in retrospect, I guess it's not so bad.