Wednesday, September 3, 2008
My Morning Commute
Today was the first time I ever saw a friend driving next to me on the freeway. I saw one of my bestest pals, Lillian, driving right next to me during the morning rush hour. I couldn't believe it. I NEVER see ANYONE I know on the freeway. I admit, I'm usually singing as loud as I can (because I'm all alone) or praying, or talking on the phone, and sometimes wonder, "Wow, how'd I get here so fast?" But this morning, when I saw all the K-LOVE stickers on the back of a silver mini-van, I just knew it had to be her. I sped up, weaving in and out of the 10 mile and hour traffic. I got right up next to her and I honked. And honked. And honked. Waived. And waived. And waived even more. She never saw me. Her little Phillipino eyes were straight ahead, both hands on the wheel. I got off at my exit and sent her an email as soon as I got to the office teasing her about being such a "vigilant driver." Of course, she shot an email right back at me and said, "I wish I would have seen you so I could have made funny faces at you!" That is so Lillian.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment