Saturday, September 6, 2008

My Spa Day

I have worked at Coulter Homes, Inc. for 4 years now. I am the "everything girl." I do the billing, banking, filing, phones, shipping, receiving, accounts payables and receivables, stocking, typing, emailing, payroll, human resources...you name it. And then I do all my boss' personal finances and accounting as well, not to mention his travel arrangements and keeping his calendar. Oh, I'm not complaining—he pays me well and I have an excellent work schedule. And for this, I was given the bonus of all bonuses. The crem de'la crem. The homerun of the season. The touch down of all touch downs (get my drift?). My boss blessed me and a friend to a Spa Day at Benardis Lodge & Resort in Carmel Valley. This is a resort with rooms that range from $500 a night to $1400 a night. As soon as he offered this wonderful gift me to I immediately thought of my little sister Nicole. She's a single mommy who takes such good care of my little sweetheart Isaiah (pictured below). She's a hard worker and I just love her. So yesterday Nicole and I spent the most luxurious day of relaxation and pampering! We got solar manicures, Arizona mud mask pedicures, a 35 minute steam aromatherapy facial and face massages, had a delicious lunch out by the warming pool, then ended the day with a 50 minute Sweedish massage! We both felt like wet noodles that had just been bathed in the most delicious spaghtetti sauce (Okay, forget that metaphore if you don't like spaghetti. We were like lobsters dipped in heavenly melted butter.......better?). If heaven is going to be incomparable to the greatest day here on earth, then I can't WAIT to get there! Come and get us, Lord Jesus!

No comments: