I was sitting on the couch watching TV. I was watching none other than a program on the Food Channel when 10 minutes into the show, Grace decided she needed some attention. While I consider myself a very attentive Mommy 100%, this was one moment where I really wanted to sit down, relax and watch this program! I heard Grace call me. "Mom." And again, "Mom." She was sitting down on the carpet, surrounded by toys and juice cups and even a snack. I tried to prepare in advance so she would be entertained for a while ~ but no. Again she said, "Mom." I looked at her and smiled and said, "Good girl, Gracie, play with your toys..." She stared right back at me and said, "Mom." My eyes returned to the TV screen and her eyes never shifted, but she started getting a little more irritated. "Mom! Mom!!, Mom!!!" Finally she belted out, "Maw-meeeee!!!" I gasped! She had never called me 'Mommy' before. I have always been just 'Mom.' I dropped to my knees in front of her, picked her up and gave her the biggest hug, along with a kiss on the cheek. When I wrapped my hands around her little head to look at her face to face she had a HUGE grin - ear to ear! She had found a new Mommy button, and she knew it! My heart strings were fluttering and I felt on top of the world. There's no other feeling on Earth that can take the place of special moments like this one. I felt so loved and wanted and needed. Grace has called me Mommy once or twice since then, but I will never forget that day. What a gift. Thank you, Gracie.
Tuesday, February 2, 2010
I'm The Mommy
I was sitting on the couch watching TV. I was watching none other than a program on the Food Channel when 10 minutes into the show, Grace decided she needed some attention. While I consider myself a very attentive Mommy 100%, this was one moment where I really wanted to sit down, relax and watch this program! I heard Grace call me. "Mom." And again, "Mom." She was sitting down on the carpet, surrounded by toys and juice cups and even a snack. I tried to prepare in advance so she would be entertained for a while ~ but no. Again she said, "Mom." I looked at her and smiled and said, "Good girl, Gracie, play with your toys..." She stared right back at me and said, "Mom." My eyes returned to the TV screen and her eyes never shifted, but she started getting a little more irritated. "Mom! Mom!!, Mom!!!" Finally she belted out, "Maw-meeeee!!!" I gasped! She had never called me 'Mommy' before. I have always been just 'Mom.' I dropped to my knees in front of her, picked her up and gave her the biggest hug, along with a kiss on the cheek. When I wrapped my hands around her little head to look at her face to face she had a HUGE grin - ear to ear! She had found a new Mommy button, and she knew it! My heart strings were fluttering and I felt on top of the world. There's no other feeling on Earth that can take the place of special moments like this one. I felt so loved and wanted and needed. Grace has called me Mommy once or twice since then, but I will never forget that day. What a gift. Thank you, Gracie.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment