Wednesday, February 3, 2010

A is For Adoption

We finally got the date! February 11th is the day Miss Grace will officially and legally become Miss Grace Renee Gonzales. In nine days our adoption will be finalized. We were hoping that this would happen back in December, but we've had a few setbacks with paperwork. Now all the paperwork is done with every dotted line signed, every 't' crossed and 'i' dotted. Now the big dilemma...what to wear! I'm thinking we may take our family picture that day. Angel and Alliah are so excited. When we told Alliah that we got the court date she looked at Grace and shouted, "Grace, you finally get to become a Gonzales!" as if it was a privilege. I guess it is. February 11, 2010, will be the day our family becomes complete. The little promises I've spent countless nights praying for will all officially be ours. I thank God so much for these three precious lives that He created for ME. The bible says that in their mother's womb, He knew them. He knew what the days of their lives would hold and that He had created me to be their Mommy. In the times we question God and cry out to Him in desperation for what we think is best, I believe He is holding the gifts we're crying for behind His back, smiling at us, just wanting to give the gift to us, but in His time. I think back to Christmas. I knew what was inside each wrapped gift. The kids knew what they were wishing for and were pretty certain we got them the gifts they had asked for. The smiles on their faces when they got their gifts was priceless. I think we got more joy out of giving than they had receiving. The bible says to present your requests to God and we did. Just as we, as earthly parents, love to give good gifts to our children, so does God. Angel, Alliah and Grace are our gifts from God. They weren't creating from a union between Larry and me, but we have the pleasure of unwrapping them and holding them, thanking God for them in anticipation of what great things they will accomplish and seeing who they will become. Think of us on February 11th. And think of the good gifts God has given you and thank Him for them.

1 comment:

connie said...

that is so true n ty for sharing this with us n yes god has blessed our growing family and he has blessed my family with all of you,I will be praying for that feb 11th will be the most special day in ur life ur family is complete